10.12.2017

Time is precious...

Do you like to stamp? Then head over to Fashionable Stamping Challenges & join in their latest challenge - Time Waits For No Man.


I used the back of a Studio 71 wood wall panel instead of the flat front. I picked a page from Kaisercraft's Barber Shoppe collection and cut the inside piece which left the part that went around the frame. I love the offset look of it. 

My main focus is the vellum piece. I made my own vellum using a regular piece of printer paper & oil. I then did a mask stamping of my gentleman with the train behind him. I distressed the edges, added some gold rub 'n buff, and stamped a pocket watch that I inked up with both gold & black. This home-made vellum takes a stamp BEAUTIFULLY! 



I added a time sentiment which I partially covered with the vellum for interest. 


I added rub 'n buff around all the edges & dyed Sari ribbon around the outside. 




In the top corner, I fussy cut a watch & added rub 'n buff around it & a chain. 


Overall, it's a great piece for the man in your life. And the vellum is really awesome to work with, allowing the time pieces & other designs to show through. I really loved creating around this theme! 







2 comments:

  1. Great piece,
    I love the vintage style.
    Thanks for playing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful piece of work, love it to bits.

    Thank you for sharing with us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges.

    Warm crafty hugs from Shirl x x x
    ShirlsCards.

    ReplyDelete

Hey - Tell me something good!